|By (author):||Lapena, Shari|
|Subject:||FICTION / Canadian|
|FICTION / Mystery & Detective / General|
|FICTION / Thrillers / General|
|FICTION / Thrillers / Suspense|
|Size:||9.00in x 6.25in|
|From The Publisher*||From the New York Times bestselling author of The Couple Next Door, a new thriller featuring a suspicious accident, a wife who can't account for herself and unsettling questions that threaten to tear a couple apart.|
You come home after a long day at work, excited to have dinner with your beautiful wife.
But when you walk through the door, you quickly realize that she's not there.
In the kitchen, there is a pot on the stove, and vegetables on the counter, abandoned.
Her cellphone and her purse are still in the house, in the bedroom, exactly where she keeps them.
It looks like she's left in a blind panic.
You fear the worst, so you call her friends to see if they know where she is.
Then you call the police.
The police tell you that your wife's been in an accident. They found her in the worst part of town, after she lost control of the car while speeding through the streets. But why would she go to that neighbourhood? And why was she driving so fast? Was she running toward something? Or away from something?
The police think your wife was up to no good.
You refuse to believe it, at first.
Then, as the stories and facts don't line up, and your wife can't remember what happened that evening, you start to wonder. You've been married for two years and you thought you knew her better than anyone else in the world . . .
. . . but maybe you don't.
|Review Quote*||Praise for The Couple Next Door:|
• "Not only a deliciously addictive whodunit, but a why-did-they-do-it as well." --The Globe and Mail
• "The twists come as fast [as] you can turn the pages." --People
• "Lucrative domestic suspense." --The Guardian (UK)
• "Meticulously crafted and razor-sharp. The Couple Next Door lingers long after you turn the final page." --Harlan Coben, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Fool Me Once
• "I read this novel in one sitting, absolutely riveted by the storyline. The suspense was beautifully rendered and unrelenting!" --Sue Grafton, New York Times bestselling author of X
|Biographical Note||SHARI LAPENA worked as a lawyer and as an English teacher before turning to writing fiction. She has written two award-winning literary novels. The Couple Next Door was her suspense debut.|